Saturday, April 14, 2012

{real couple} Trash the Dress Session in Brazil

Hello de Lovelies, welcome to some wedding gorgeousness! I am so excited about this Trash the Dress Session we received from Almiro Bacha in Laguna, Santa Catarina, Brazil. Originally, I was planning to use this vibrant yellow and blue shot in yesterday's post (Old Blue Trucks and the Newlyweds) but after seeing the rest of the post-wedding photo session, I knew Gustavo and Camila deserved so much more!


Now, to be honest, I'm not much of a trash the dress kind of gal...I totally dig getting dressed up in your gown to take post wedding pictures, but to purposely ruin a dress, doesn't do much for me. OK ok fine...maybe it is cathartic for some brides but if you spend thousands on a wedding gown to ruin in 10 seconds, well that is dang stupid to me. (Check out our post on how to get your dress for less.) Unless, as it turns out for this couple, you rent a previously trashed dress to further trash! Super fun and brilliant, here's why....

Brazil, as we know, is a land of sea and sun and beaches, full of historical architecture and gorgeous landscapes, all perfect for wedding pictures. Problem is almost ALL weddings in Brazil start later in the evening, say 9-ish, meaning daytime, sand and surf shots are almost impossible! So after you've gotten some sleep, you rent a dress, grab your sweetie and head off for yet another day in front of the camera! And VOILA...you have today's Trash the Dress.  Seems like a much better plan and so much more fun to me!

 



I so love this couple and this session reminds me of the time I spent in Laguna this past winter (Brazilian summer.) Ok actually I got married in Laguna and almost found myself sitting in this exact same water.  But let me tell you, Brazil IS as beautiful as it seems here and they know how to throw one hell of a party!  Thanks again to Almiro Bacha for this amazing session!

Would you do a Trash the Dress session with your own dress or would you rent one instead? Leave us a comment below. Or head over to FACEBOOK to join the conversation.

Enjoy the weekend,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave us a comment and let us know what you like!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...